The Council on Strategic Risks (CSR) seeks to hire 2-3 consultants to work on biological threat early warning and biosurveillance. The person in this role will work closely with CSR’s CEO, Christine Parthemore, and others from CSR’s Janne E. Nolan Center. Students (at the graduate level or with relevant undergraduate-level knowledge), recent graduates, and professionals with the following qualifications are all encouraged to apply.
About the positions:
- Consultants hired will assist in a project to map the current biosurveillance landscape, including major gaps and inequities. They will also help identify trends and key areas for near-term opportunities for improvement.
- This work contributes to CSR’s Alliance to End Biological Threats, and its broader work to advance biological threat early warning systems.
- CSR will hire 2-3 consultants. Work can begin immediately and will run for approximately 3-4 months (depending on candidates’ start dates).
- Hours can range from 20-25 hours per week with a possibility for expansion. Timing will be flexible, but consultants will need to be available at some specific times for conducting interviews and joining CSR team calls regarding the project.
- Compensation will be in the $50-$100/hour range, depending on qualifications.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the current state of biosurveillance in the United States and globally
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Near-term availability to begin consulting work
Apply at this link. CSR will accept applications on a rolling basis.
CSR is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee, job applicant, subcontractor, prospective subcontractor, volunteer or prospective volunteer on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.