The Council on Strategic Risks (CSR) seeks to hire a full-time team member focused on addressing biological threats. This is an entry-level position. The person in this role will work closely with CSR’s CEO Christine Parthemore, Senior Fellow Andy Weber, and others from the CSR team and network.
The person filling this role will:
- Assist in conducting outreach and public education regarding biological threats and solutions, for example:
- Proving assistance for the hosting of virtual discussions and supporting in-person meetings (depending on pandemic trends)
- Helping to plan, record, and edit podcasts and webinars
- Contributing to social media efforts, including through generating and promoting content on platforms such as, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Conduct research
- Write and co-author op-eds, reports, blogs, and other materials
- Track policy trends, for example by monitoring specific legislation and Executive Branch budget trends
- Provide administrative support, for example assisting in scheduling meetings and events
- Participate in occasional strategic evaluation, development, and personnel processes for CSR
- Help to advance CSR’s diversity and inclusivity goals
- Take on other responsibilities that may be requested from time to time
The ideal candidate will have:
- A college degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity with international security issues and trends
- A passion for addressing biological threats and knowledge in this field
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A desire to work in multidisciplinary, silo-busting environments
- Location (at least part time) in Washington, DC is strongly desired
CSR has a highly flexible work environment with members of our team spanning the United States and the world. Outside of specific meetings and events (when they may be conducted safely) remote working is our norm. CSR will help the right candidate develop or expand skills required for success in this position and expects there will be opportunities for future growth.
Compensation will be approximately $45,000-$55,000 per year, depending on qualifications, plus benefits.
Apply at this link. CSR will evaluate applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled, no later than September 3, 2021.
CSR is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee, job applicant, subcontractor, prospective subcontractor, volunteer or prospective volunteer on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.