The Council on Strategic Risks (CSR) seeks to hire a full-time team member focused on addressing biological threats. This may be a Fellow or Senior Fellow role, depending on the expertise of the applicants.
The person filling this role will:
- Conduct research and analysis
- Write and co-author op-eds, reports, blogs, and other materials
- Track policy trends, for example by monitoring government programs and budgets
- Assist in conducting outreach and public education regarding biological threats and solutions, for example:
- Providing assistance for the hosting of virtual discussions and supporting in-person meetings
- Participating in public speaking and media relations
- Helping to plan podcasts and webinars
- Contributing to social media efforts, including through generating and promoting content on platforms such as, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Provide administrative support, for example assisting in scheduling meetings and events
- Participate in occasional strategic evaluation, development, and personnel processes for CSR
- Help to advance CSR’s diversity and inclusivity goals
- Take on other responsibilities that may be requested from time to time
If hired, candidates at the Senior Fellow level will also contribute to and/or lead:
- Project development and execution, based on gaps in the field and opportunities to more effectively address biological risks
- Efforts to engage, lead, and at times mobilize stakeholder networks and strategic partners
- Events, discussions, and briefings, including at times to high-level officials
- Specific fundraising efforts and building strong relationships with counterparts in the philanthropic community
The ideal candidate will have:
- A college degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity with international security issues and trends
- A passion for addressing biological threats and knowledge in this field
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A desire to work in multidisciplinary, silo-busting environments
- Location (at least part time) in Washington, DC or ability to travel there as needed
CSR has a highly flexible work environment with members of our team spanning the United States and the world. Outside of specific meetings and events (when they may be conducted safely), remote working is our norm. CSR will help the right candidate develop or expand skills required for success in this position and expects there will be opportunities for future growth.
CSR’s pay band for candidates hired at the Senior Fellow level will be $114,000-$165,000, based on the qualifications and experience levels of the applicants. CSR’s pay band for candidates hired at the Fellow level will be $78,000-$114,000 based on the qualifications and experience levels of the applicants. CSR’s current benefits include health insurance with employer coverage of 70% of premium costs and a range of plan options; a 403(b) retirement plan for which CSR matches employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 6% of their salary, with no vesting delay; and 21 full days of leave and 3 sick days, in addition to observing all U.S. federal holidays.
To apply to this position, please use the button below. CSR will evaluate applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
CSR is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee, job applicant, subcontractor, prospective subcontractor, volunteer or prospective volunteer on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.